Thursday, January 6, 2022

Good Rx: It really, really works.

Got a text from Kroger Pharmacy telling me that a prescription was ready for me...Ranolazine, which is an anti-anginal. It's an important drug for me, as it keeps my almost unbearable pain (only occasional, thank God...usually no more than twice per day) from turning into crippling and / or debilitating pain. So needless to say I was glad to see that it had been refilled. And then I saw the price: $109.19. I usually have a co-pay that puts it under $20. But since the turn of the year, I hadn't put out enough money to get the prescription benefit through my insurance. 

Well...I don't know about you, but $109.19 is a pretty heavy chunk of change to me. So I spent a bit of time freaking out, then I heard the voice of Martin Sheen saying, "GoodRx!" Or thought I did, anyway. Turns out he actually does commercials for SingleCare, not GoodRx, but hey, who cares? What matters is that I went to GoodRx, typed in the name of the medication, and got a coupon which said that the price for my refill would be $25.83. As in $83.26 less than I was going to be billed.

Well, I had my doubts. But I went in, showed my digital coupon to the pharmacy technician, and...



So for spending three minutes on the computer, I saved $83.26. I was blind, but now I see. Thank you, Good Rx. See you next month, maybe.

No comments: