Monday, May 16, 2022

It's Alright, Ma, It's Just Another Coincidence

I've been to Half-Price Books hundreds of times. I've never seen a copy of The Godfather there. And yes, I would have remembered. I have an astonishing capacity for remembering useless things, like which book I saw where. After watching Episode 5 of The Offer, however, I really had The Godfather on my mind, and went online to make sure that the library had a copy on hand. (They did. 4 book books and 2 ebooks. All available.) I didn't put a Hold on it, though, since I want to finish The Offer series before I try to read the book. And then watch the movie. 

But guess what I saw on the shelf at Half-Price Books later that day?


It was quite reasonably priced, too, but I didn't buy it. I'm holding out for a paperback copy. Preferably in the $1 Budget Bin.

Are you listening, Universe?

No comments: