Saturday, April 13, 2024

Fantastic Four #19

I've been an on and off reader of Fantastic Four (and Marvel in general). Mostly off of late. But I read Previews every month...and I check out leagueofcomicgeeks.com every week, so not much gets past me. And when I saw this cover...


              ...I was in for a pound. Or $3.99, anyway. Alas, I wasn't the only one In Search Of, however, so when I got to The Great Escape, there was only one copy of FF #19 left, and it looked like this:


Which was not what I wanted at all. I put it back on the stand and walked away...then thought about it some more and went back and opened it up.


And I said, "Oh oh, oh oh, oh oh...what a feeling!"

Flipped through some more pages. Yep, most of the art was black and white and red (all over). And the story was a hardboiled detective thing, with Alicia Masters as the hard-drinking, blind detective, and a non-rocky Ben Grimm as her erstwhile assistant (and husband). And there was a spunky young, mustachioed Johnny Storm who'd found himself in a bit of a pickle. 

It was a fun little story. I doubt that I'll be buying FF #20 (as it's pretty clear that this hardboiled thing was one and done), but this issue is mos def worth looking for. 

You can get it on Amazon for Kindle if you can't find a real copy. Or come over for a visit and I'll let you read mine.

No comments: