Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Isaac Asimov Fucks Up

 I'm still reading and enjoying In the Beginning: Science Faces God in the Book of Genesis (by Asimov). It's the latest in a long string of Asimov books I've read (this is the 37th), and I still have a couple of dozen unread Asimov books...so you might intuit that I have some great love and respect for this fellow. But that still doesn't excuse this:



My first, last, and middle thought upon reading that was..."Of course we do! Manna is white!"

One of the things I've learned in my dottage, however, is not to be too confident about matters of fact. The world gets pretty slippery for us old folks. So I did a little Googling around and found this on a Wikipedia link to the actual Bible:


Oh, Isaac. How did you miss this? Ya fucked up, my brother.  But don't worry, I've got your back.

No comments: