Sunday, June 16, 2024

Jimi Hendrix...before he was Experienced...or had been Experienced

Joe had just been delivered up to me for some Father's Day celebrating, and I started singing, "Hey, Joe" to him. He asked me who sang that, and after I told him it was Jimi Hendrix, he asked me if he was still alive. I told him that he'd died a long time ago, and Joe wanted details: when was he born, what year did he die, how did he die. I knew the answer to the how, but not the years, so I Wikipediad for the first two answers. If you're interested, it's 1942 and 1970. And while I was on the page I read a little bit, and then saw this picture of Jimi which I'd never seen before:

Public Domain


That picture is from 1961...meaning that Jimi was only 19  years old...and that he only had 9 more years to live on this planet. Isn't that mind blowing? In 9 years he went from a private in the U. S. Army to the greatest guitarist in the history of the world.

Holy shit.

No comments: