A Far Country & Burl Ives
Finished my second Daniel Mason book last night and will be starting my third 👆 (his second) in two minutes. I almost wanted to wait and let The Piano Tuner (his first, my second) linger in my mind for a while*, but I'm too anxious to read more from this fine writer. So let's go.
* Man, what a superb book. My aged brain doesn't hold on to too many details from what I read these days, but there are scenes from this book that I'm sure will remain with me for a decade (assuming I have that much time left to me, which is a big if at this point).
P.S. It's funny (but not ha ha funny) how if you dip deep into a writers' oeuvre, you see the same pieces pop up. In A Far Country (so far...I'm only on page 26, which isn't very far) it's music (fiddle this time), a kiss on the back of a girl's neck, and shims to repair cracks in musical instruments. Here's betting there's more to come. Oh...I forgot rivers flooding.
Ok. (5) burning fields as a farming procedure. |
No comments:
Post a Comment