Saturday, July 18, 2026

The Piano Tuner by Daniel Mason

 


I was going to wait until I finished reading this novel to comment on it. Maybe even wait until I had finished reading all of Daniel Mason's books, as I intend to do. But at page 110 of The Piano Tuner, my enthusiasm overwhelmed me, and I thought that I had to give a shout.

This is such a great fucking novel!

And it was published in 2002, when he was a mere 26 years old. I don't know how such a young fella could know so much about Burma and rare pianos.

It's just amazing.

There was an episode wherein a deadly tiger is being hunted, and it was so intense and distressing that I didn't really read it, I watched the movie.

And this is just his first novel. I am looking forward to some sweet reading for the next couple of months.

You come too?


No comments: