Wednesday, September 9, 2026

DDR: The Adventures of John Háry Hungarian Hussar by István Tamás

 


I've known about this István Tamás book for quite awhile, but the only copy I could find was listed on eBay for $50. 
And despite my great love for István Tamás, that was just too much for me. 

But this year my big sister (who is literally a rocket scientist) sent me a big Big check for my birthday, and I decided to buy stuff that was beyond my usual limit.

It arrived yesterday, just as I finished István's Sergeant Nikola. That has to be a sign, right?

A mere 114 pages...and lots of illustrations...so i dont think will take long.

Let's see.


Day 1 (DDRD 3,233) September 9, 2026

Read to page 114. Yep.




87 year old book given as a Christmas present 79 years ago. Yowza.

And our survey says...it wasn't available very good book, I'm sorry to say. And not because it was a children's book. Because it wasn't a good children's book. (Though the illustrations were amusing.)

The last page broke my little heart, though:


There's another one Out There. 

And I can't find it.

😔 

No comments: