Sunday, April 4, 2021

Ted Cruz: In For a Brew Sin

 So...The Lincoln Project (@ProjectLincoln) put up this Tweet:


And, you know, that's just kind of childish, so of course it only took me a few seconds to decide to participate. 

And it only took a few more seconds to decide on my version of Ted's Background:


And of course I entitled it, "His Master's Voice."

Even with the photoshopping, it didn't take much effort. A lot less effort than any blogpost I've ever done. And fifteen minutes later...


Let's just be generous to my ego and say that many of my posts don't reach 318 hits in fifteen weeks, much less fifteen minutes.

Hmmmmm.

P.S. Twenty minutes later:


P.P.S. And after 1 hour and 40 minutes:


And you know what? I only have 5 blog posts with more than 1,392 hits. In 14 1/2 years of blogging. And the "newest" of those five posts is 5 1/2 years old. As in considerably more than two hours old. Also, in the time it's taken me to look up the few facts in the three lines above, this Tweet has gotten another 100 views...which means that in another couple of minutes it will probably move up to more hits than all but 4 of my blog posts. And...yep. There it goes. This is kind of depressing. And kind of exciting, too. But enough is enough. Oh, Twitter, I bow to your power...but I am still much fonder of Blogger.

Bulletin, bulletin, bulletin. This is a bulletin, bulletin, bulletin.... Because I just had to add that 12 hours later, that silly little Tweet passed another of my blogposts in number of views, so that now there are only 3 posts with more views that that Tweet. As an added pinch of salt, this blogpost, which I put up fifteen minutes after that Tweet, has only managed to garner 7 views in almost the same time (12 hours - 15 minutes, that is). 


 
ADDENDUM: It's been about a month, so I thought I'd check in to see if the hits had kept coming. And?


Due to the nature of Twitter, I'd guess that that was about it, but I'll try to remember to check back every little once in awhile. Just to see.

No comments: