Thursday, June 16, 2022

A Simple Twist of Fate



Today I finished reading page 287 of Volume II of The Pickwick Papers. Which meant that I had about another week to go on it. But so caught up in my love for Dickens was I...and so sure that I would continue my quest to read all of Dickens' novels in chronological order ...that I went to where the other 34 volumes of Heron Books THE CENTENNIAL DICKENS sat and pulled out Oliver Twist, which was Dickens' second novel. Don't know why I felt the need to do that, but I did. And I put it on the arm of my sofa, where it sat all day.

Until about halfway through Jeopardy!, which I was watching with Jacqueline. And then for some reason I picked the book up from the sofa's arm, took six steps across the room, and put it down on top of another stack of books which sat beneath a lamp.

And at the exact moment that I put the book down, I heard Mayim Bialik read an answer that included the book title Oliver Twist.

Of course it means nothing, but still...that's a pretty weird fucking coincidence, isn't it?

No comments: