Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Again, Laddio Bolocko

Woke up, fell out of bed, dragged Laddio Bolocko across my head. The first song on the Live & Unreleased set is entitled "43 Minutes Of (Excerpt)", and it's 23:40 long. Got to say that I find that pretty funny. It sounds quite a bit like The Velvet Underground initially, with a touch of Metal Machine Music thrown in. But it's almost immediately more interesting, more challenging, and, at times, more melodic. I really like these guys. I did go ahead and purchase the three record + dvd set from Bandcamp, and not only is it now winging my way, and not only did they send me a download so I could start listening right away . . . they also gave me an embed code. I don't know if that means you can listen to the whole thing for free, but let's try it out and see.


  And if you like it, show Bandcamp some love and buy one for yourself. 

 Now I think I need to find out where I can get a vinyl of that other Laddio Bolocko album . . . . Streaming is okay for an introduction, but when you love the music you really need to be able to hold it in your hands.

No comments: