Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Loki + Scarlet Witch = Love (?)

I just finished watching the latest Marvel movie, I Saw the Light (2015), and I'm a little confused. 

First off, I thought that Scarlet Witch and Loki were enemies, but they look awfully cozy in most of this movie. Did I miss a movie in between Thor: The Dark World and now? Was there an extra obscure extra scene after Captain America: Civil War that I failed to catch? Is this some kind of subtle set up for Ragnarok or Infinity War?

Second off, what's up with the accents? And the singing? Neither of these characters showed any signs of being Southern (or musical) last time I saw them.

Third off, did budgetary constraints cause them to forgo the costumes this time around? (Not to mention the special effects, the exotic locales, etcetera.) 

Fourth off, it doesn't surprise me that Loki gets a fair share of ass in this movie, as that gleam in his eye always struck me as a sign of sexual prowess, but I was surprised to see Marvel make the jump to R-rated action. Does this mean we'll get to see Black Widow naked soon? (Please? PLEASE?)

Fifth off, kind of a bummer ending, and it's hard to see any sequel potential here. But those Marvel boys and girls are clever, I'm sure they can pull it off.

Until then, Excelsior! And Make Mine Marvel!


No comments: