Thursday, November 17, 2016

Leonard Cohen's "Bird on a Wire" Performed by Holy Ghost Tent Revival

Check it out on You Tube. It's a really nice performance by one of my favorite bands, yet it only has 1,532 views. So help the brothers out.

I first saw Holy Ghost Tent Revival when #1 son Jimmy and I went to the 2011 Master Musicians Festival in Somerset, Kentucky . . . primarily to see Steve Earle and The Dukes perform. We were both wowed by the HGTR, though. They had so much energy . . . and there were so damned many of them. I bought two of their albums after the set and had them autographed (which took awhile). And I've been following them ever since. 

So far as I can discern, this is their complete discography:

Family (2009)
So Long I Screamed (2009)
The Blood Beneath (2010)
"Young Black Hair" from Mended Hearts Band Together Compilation for Charity (2011)
Sweat Like the Old Days (2012)
Alive at the Southern (2013)
Right State of Mind (2014)
Summer Jelly (2016)


I think I have Family and another album on CD, maybe Northbound by Southpaw (2010)

I love this band so much. And they do a lovely job on this song, don't they?



Check for: "My Heart is Yours, Honey" on Benefit Series, Volume 3, which seems to be a studio version of a song only released live on the band's albums. Also "Do Me Right" doesn't seem to be available anywhere else.

No comments: