Monday, November 28, 2016

The Walking Dead, Dirty Three, "Everything's Fucked"

Short version: I still hate the way they exploited brutality and gore in this season's opening episode of The Walking Dead, but I started missing the show, and I started watching it again, and I just finished watching "Swear" a couple of minutes ago. I am still feeling a bit distanced from the show . . . not really trusting the people in charge to treat the characters properly . . . so I don't always give it my full attention, but in the last couple of minutes of "Swear" I perked up. I heard the unmistakable sounds of Dirty Three, a band I dearly love and have followed pretty much from the beginning of their recording career. So as soon as the episode was over I Googled "The Walking Dead Dirty Three" just to make sure, and sho nuff, it was "Everything's Fucked" from the first Dirty Three album, Dirty Three, whose cover looks like this:

Which is, by the way, a great album . . . as are all of the Dirty Three albums. (Available on Amazon for cheap.)

And The You Tub will let you know what "Everything's Fucked" sounds like.

So at least somebody at Walking Dead Central has their head screwed on straight.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

And I just finish watching Swear and I heard the unmistakable sounds of The Dirty Three so I googled the Dirty Three and the Walking Dead and found this so you aren’t the only one. I have loved them since I saw them open a triple bill for Pavement in Cleveland, Ohio in 96.

Brother K said...

I'm envious--I have never been able to see them live.

Anonymous said...

Warren Ellis is a maestro. Do whatever you need t to see them. I have been seeing them live since i was 13 (now almost 40).

Brother K said...

Will do!