Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Breaking News: Kamandi Returns!

Stopped by The Great Escape today to pick up my comic books and when I looked at the cover of Previews I was astonished, delighted, and amazed to see a picture of Kamandi on the cover of the new Previews.


And not only is Kamandi returning to the DC line-up, he's returning in a 12 issue series brought to us by

Issue #1 by Dan Abnett/Dale Eaglesham
Issue #2 by Peter J. Tomasi/Neal Adams
Issue #3 by Jimmy Palmiotti/Amanda Conner
Issue #4 by James Tynion/Carlos D’Anda
Issue #5 by Bill Willingham/Ivan Reis
Issue #6 by Steve Orlando/Philip Tan
Issue #7 by Marguerite Bennett/Dan Jurgens
Issue #8 by Keith Giffen/Steve Rude
Issue #9 by Tom King/Kevin Eastman
Issue #10 by Greg Pak/Joe Prado
Issue #11 by Rob Williams/Walter Simonson
Issue #12 by Gail Simone/Ryan Sook

Holy shit, Batman! You had me at the Bruce Timm cover. (Though I do wish that Mr. Timm was going to do a full issue's worth of art on this project. And I'll bet he wishes that, too, as he long ago expressed his love for Kamandi.) 

Needless to add, I am more than a mite excited about this. Kamandi was the first comic book I collected from the first to the last issue--and this was back in the days long before comic shops, when it was not so easy to find every issue of your favorite book. I've also faithfully hunted down every Kamandi Connection I got wind of, from the obvious (Kamandi at Earth's End, for instance) to the obscure (the Nightwing story arc which was partially set in the underground Command D). I even watched those godawful episodes of The Brave and the Bold when they put Kamandi into the storyline. And bought both of the Kamandi Archives. And, yes, both of the Kamandi Omnibus volumes as well. I will even buy The Kamandi Challenge Special #1, which is just a reprint of Kamandi #32 from 1975 (which I still have, of course). 

Because it's love, brothers and sisters.

I love Kamandi.




Not in a gay way.




Not that there's anything wrong with that.

No comments: