Sunday, November 13, 2016

Trump on 60 Minutes

I am a card carrying Commie pinko save the gay whale coalition liberal. My bleeding heart makes me easy to track. And most of my friends are "liberals."

Here's the thing, though: I have found that most "liberals" are totally close-minded. Which isn't really liberal, is it?

I just watched Donald Trump's interview on 60 Minutes. And I was not only impressed . . . I was actually hopeful.

So here's an idea: instead of pre-emptive strikes, why don't we wait and see what he does?

He is the president, after all.

And by the way, if you didn't vote? Just shut the fuck up.

ADDENDUM: Nope, I was wrong. He did do a good job in that interview, I can't deny that, but his actions since then prove that he is as bad as we feared he was. Here's hoping that we can keep him from hurting a lot of good people.

2 comments:

don said...

I hope he does a good job, and if it were nearly any other Rep candidate I would not be worried, but coming across things like
https://twitter.com/sarahkendzior/status/798133651795939329
and
http://www.nybooks.com/daily/2016/11/10/trump-election-autocracy-rules-for-survival/
leave me feeling dread.

Brother K said...

Both of those are mos def very scary things, and I certainly don't mean to come off as an apologist for Trump. I don't like him, don't trust him, and didn't vote for him. And I am more than ready, willing, and able to hit the streets, shake my fist, sign the petitions, etc. if he does something bad while he's president. I wonder, though, if the attack him first strategy which seems to be ubiquitous isn't just pushing him to act on his worst thoughts and impulses.